Practicum and Clinic
The field experience for the cohort 2018/2019 consists of two parts: two teaching practice placements – first and second year (150 hours altogether). In addition, for each practice placements students participate in teaching clinic (additional 30 hours each year), where they have the opportunity to discuss issues related to their teaching experiences with university supervisors and other students.
Student teaching placements (for both first and second year) are focused on planning and teaching and include the following tasks:
- Preliminary interview with the mentor teacher
- Filling out observation worksheets about classroom environment, classroom routines, classroom management, instructions, teacher talk, teaching materials, and error management.
- Conducting micro-teaching activities, e.g. warm-up activities, games, group and pair work activities, giving instructions.
- Preparing lesson plans and conducting CLIL lessons using Template for CLIL Unit Plan for TEYL
- Consultation with the mentor teacher.
- Final consultation with the mentor teacher on student’s progress – familiarizing the student with the evaluation and the report.
Here you will find information on the 2014/2015 practicum framework.